Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Just a few rambling thoughts today

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Imperial Majesty Dixie the Radiant of Giggleswick on the Naze
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

In other news from your Imperial Majesty -


Guess who made the Cheerleading Squad yesterday!!! Yup, you guessed it... Kaitlin. I was so very proud of her. Will post pictures as soon as I get some.

Two weeks ago a contest was started over at BESTEST BLOG, allowing the fans to vote on the winners of the BESTEST BLOG OF THE DAY to select a BESTEST BLOG OF THE YEAR. Congratulations to BOND over at THE BIG LEATHER COUCH for his award of BESTEST BLOG OF THE YEAR!

Now I'm not going to brag but I did make it down there around #38 or so... ;-)

Y'all know sometimes people just don't think. A excellent comment was made yesterday on my blog by ....

"Simply Bananas said...

Dixie, a small word of advice,posting his address although meant for friends to write him, could also endanger him later as the Marines will continue to forward his mail to wherever he ends up serving. Imagine if someone bent on harming a Marine used that information to send a biological agent in an envelope. I know it's worst case scenario but it's what the Marines taught me, prepare for the worst while praying for the best. "

I never thought about that. Thank you Simply Bananas for pointing this out. I have removed Matt's mailing address. If anyone needs it just e-mail me and I will send it to you.

SMOOCHES~

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:20 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (8/08/2007 9:52 AM) : 

I'm back and I love the new look! I agree with SB about posting the address- I actually had some a$$ say he wanted my hubs to die on my blog-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/08/2007 11:05 AM) : 

Congrats to kaitlin on her new adventure! That is so exciting!

Oh and good job on getting #38! Woo hoo!

Love ya!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/08/2007 11:06 AM) : 

special K, how awful!

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (8/08/2007 2:29 PM) : 

Congrats to Kaitlin!! Cheers...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/08/2007 3:13 PM) : 

Dixie, I mean Imperial Majesty Dixie the Radiant of Giggleswick on the Naze, like I said on the phone... You've raised some good kids!!!!!!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (8/08/2007 3:38 PM) : 

Well your Imperial Majesty - it sounds like you have raised another fantastic child! Congrats to her on making the cheerleading squad!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (8/08/2007 5:25 PM) : 

Gimme a K!... Gimme a AITLYN!

wOO HOO!!!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8/08/2007 8:29 PM) : 

Now that's a shame that someone might use any address like that. But I guess it's better to be careful.

Congrats to Kaitlin!! Wooo-hoo!

 

Blogger Simply Bananas said ... (8/09/2007 9:17 AM) : 

You're welcome Dixie, glad to see you took my advice to heart. I consider every Marine my brother and want nothing bad to happen to any of them. Along the same lines, during the invasions of Panama (1989) and Desert Storm,(think I'm giving my age away there) we were ordered to burn our mail after reading it so our families addresses couldn't fall into enemy hands.

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (8/10/2007 11:06 AM) : 

Horray for Kaitlin! :)

I read simply bananas' comment and thought to myself that she had a good point. It's sad that we live in a world that we have to worry about things like that. :(

 

Blogger Simply Bananas said ... (8/10/2007 3:13 PM) : 

uhhhh..Simply Bananas is not a she, at least last time I checked I wasn't

 

post a comment