Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, August 20, 2007

Soooooo how was your weekend?

As I posted late Friday afternoon, I got Matt's letter. Yes, he seems extremely positive in it but it just breaks my heart. Especially after he wrote "don't worry"... I've cried all weekend.

How does a man of 18 tell his momma not to worry? No matter the age of your children you will always worry.

It's been 4 weeks since he left and it seems like eternity. I miss him so very much. But I know that this is the very best thing for him. He is fulfilling his dream. Something that he has talked about since the age of 14.

He will start his 5th week of training Monday and this starts Phase II. Yes, I am jumping for joy that he has made it through Phase I.

I wrote him back and sent it Saturday, after NOT sleeping in, telling him that I knew he could do it. That once he puts his mind into doing something that he will do it no matter what. That I was so very proud of him, that I loved him and missed him. I told him that he was my hero.

Yes folks, you read it correctly, I did NOT sleep in Saturday. I guess it comes from worrying about Matt. I have really had him on my mind this weekend. Actually, I've been rather lazy all weekend. My house looks like a freakin tornado has hit it.

There is no sleeping in on Sunday's at all. Church starts at 9:00am so that means getting up early... I cried during church... Matt on my mind. Now it's Sunday afternoon and I'm sitting here on this computer, listening to Kaitlin and her friend Judy outside in the pool screaming their fool heads off. Oh to be a kid again... not a care in the world.

Kaitlin cheers her first ballgame Monday night. I will have pictures to post. Y'all she looks so cute in that little cheerleading outfit. I am going to have to find one of those chasity belts though or lock her in her room one. She came home Friday afternoon and announced that she has a boyfriend and he's a football player... rut-roh...

So that basically sums up my weekend. Crying and lazy.... How was yours?

SMOOCHES~

P.S. Thanks to everyone who has sent stamps to Matt. I know that he truly appreciates it. I too sent him stamps Saturday. I bet he's wondering how y'all knew he needed stamps... ;-)
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 4:50 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (8/19/2007 8:59 PM) : 

Ah mom, he is doing great

 

Blogger Linda said ... (8/19/2007 9:44 PM) : 

Has it really been four weeks already? Wow, it seems like it's flying by though I'm sure that for you it's just dragging.

Hang in there, Mom, you're doing just fine!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (8/20/2007 12:36 AM) : 

Well. You are in for it, now Momma...lol. A man in uniform and now a cheerleader???

Gawd... lock em' up!!!

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (8/20/2007 7:59 AM) : 

Even though you didn't get to sleep in, you do sound a little better to me!

 

Blogger Mo and The Purries said ... (8/20/2007 12:06 PM) : 

Rut-roh.
:)

What a great post.
You are a Super Mom!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8/20/2007 1:47 PM) : 

Congrats to Matt for making it through Phase I!

That determination to really work on his deficiencies is a true Marine quality.

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (8/20/2007 2:48 PM) : 

Hoo Rah! :)

He's doing great, Mom!!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (8/21/2007 9:03 AM) : 

So glad he's doing better.

Now about this crying and not sleeping thing--am I gonna have to come down there?? Hmmmm?? You must have your rest Sugarbaby.

And as for Kaitlin--yup I suggest a chastity belt *tee hee *

SMOOCH

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (8/21/2007 1:44 PM) : 

Wooo! Matt made it through! Now on to Phase 2!
As for the cheerleader...yup, a chastity belt sounds like a good idea to me! :P

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (8/23/2007 3:36 PM) : 

I had a cute little cheerleading outfit and nothing.. oh wait... rut roh.. nevermind!

SMOOCH!

Canadian stamps won't work will they?

 

post a comment