Dixie's - Heart and Soul: The Superheroes - Soldier Mom and Devildog

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, August 17, 2009

The Superheroes - Soldier Mom and Devildog





As you know my son, Devildog, is currently deployed but what you don't know is that my beautiful daughter-in-law, Soldier Mom, is in the first steps of mobilization. She is currently in California for Desert Warfare Training. She will be back to their home around the end of August and will have to report back to her duty station sometime on or before September 28. At that time, she will spend 50 days in OK and will leave U.S. soil sometime around Thanksgiving for Iraq/Afghanistan. Will Devildog be able to return early from his deployment, we have no idea? With many, many prayers being said, we hope so. If not, then he will not get to see his wife again until November 2010.

Once Devildog does return from deployment, he will come and take Soldier Pup back home with him… Mimi's not quite sure about that but I'm willing to let him try and be a single dad…he just has no clue as to what all that single parenting is about.

So where did these names come from, you may be asking yourself. Well, their four year old son gave them these names and I'm sure you're wondering why; well I'll just tell you why.

Soldier Pup, as we will call him, is having a really hard time with mommy and daddy both being gone so I've told him that his mommy was going for training to be a superhero just like daddy and that he was probably the only boy at school that had a mommy and daddy as a superhero. He feels very special have both mommy and daddy for superheroes but what kid wouldn't.

So he said, "Mimi, can I name them?"
"Why yes you sure can", I said to him…"what you like for their superhero names to be?"

"Hmmmm . . . how about Soldier Mom for mommy and Devildog for daddy." I told him that I thought that was a beautiful idea and that is what they shall be called from this point forward.

So that is how they got their name. I'm so very, very proud of them both. I know what they are doing is so freely giving themselves so that we can sleep in peace at night. They are truly a brave young Marine and young Soldier.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 10:06 PM


Comments on "The Superheroes - Soldier Mom and Devildog"

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (8/18/2009 8:44 AM) : 

Beautiful my friend...Prayers are said to surround them both with safety...

and HUGS to Soldier Pup and his Mimi

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (8/18/2009 9:43 AM) : 

You have every right to be proud. I love the names he picked too. Awesome young man.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hug. :)

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (8/18/2009 9:38 PM) : 

Semper Fi to those awesome superheroes.

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (8/18/2009 10:22 PM) : 

the names are awesome dixie, thanks for posting this so we all know how your brave family is doing... and big hugs to you honey pie!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (8/18/2009 10:44 PM) : 

Bond - Thank you and SMOOCHES~

Sandee - He did do a good job with those names, didn't he.

Songbird - Thank you!

Miss Bee - Thank you so very much! I'm going to have to do something other than stew on the fact that my daughter in law is in a war zone. I've got to keep busy, I've got to keep busy, I've GOT to keep busy . . . .

 

Blogger King of New York Hacks said ... (8/18/2009 11:10 PM) : 

Sending patriotic honks from my humble taxi...if you're ever in NYC the ride is on me !!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (8/18/2009 11:19 PM) : 

Awwww King, thank you! I would love to visit New York sometime. I have an old high school friend that lives there now and I'd love to see him again.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8/20/2009 6:41 PM) : 

Semper Fi Devil Dog!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (8/21/2009 10:35 PM) : 

Awww so precious LeeAnn. Hugs and kisses all the way around.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8/26/2009 3:37 PM) : 

I'm glad to see you posting again...I know you are so very proud of them and so are we!

 

post a comment