Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, September 11, 2006

I am not a writer. I am attempting this blog thing for the very first time.

Today is a very sad day for everyone. I can remember it like it was yesterday, I started my morning routine, called my Dad to wish him Happy Birthday and headed out the door for my 45 minute commute to work. I remember where I was when I first heard the news of a plane crashing into the World Trade Center. I was sitting at a red light, listening to a local morning radio show, when Rusty Mac, who passed away a couple of years ago, said "A plane has just flown into the World Trade Center." I froze.... the light changed and I couldn't move. I remember someone honking their horn for me to go. The very first thought I had was, Oh Lord....how could this be possible. How could an experienced pilot not see the towers? Then I thought, could this be an act of terrorism? I rushed to work only to find those who had gotten to work before me already had heard the news and had the television on watching. As I stood there with the rest of my co-workers watching the first tower burn, I could not believe what I was about to witness. As the 2nd plane crashed into the 2nd building, my knees buckled and my heart broke. How could this be happening? Why? What monster is responsible for this? I cried, my heart went out to thousands of families and people that I would never know.

I called my Mom and Dad that morning asking them if they were watching tv. They were.... I told my Mom and Dad that I loved them.

Now as I sit here today, 5 years later, my heart still breaks. Not only is it a very sad day for the tragedy of 911, but a sad day for me. My Dad would have been 73 years old today. He passed away Sunday, September 3, 2006.

WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!

I love you Daddy!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 11:53 AM


Comments on ""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/11/2006 1:05 PM) : 

Dix, wow, that's quite a start.... very moving, hugs sweetie

 

Blogger Coco said ... (9/11/2006 2:12 PM) : 

Everyone has memories of that terrible time. I'm so sorry that this date has so much more sadness connected for you because of your dad's passing. My thoughts and prayers have been with you, sweetie, and will continue. God bless.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9/11/2006 2:49 PM) : 

Lee Ann:

Welcome to the world of blog thingys...

A sad day and doubly so for you my friend.

Can't wait to meet you in person.

My heart goes out to you, but as we discussed, Dad is no longer in pain and that is a much better place to be.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/11/2006 4:32 PM) : 

I feel for anyone who has 9/11 as a birthday....it is bittersweet for those who should be able to celebrate like any other having a birthday, but simply can't or don't want to thanks to these terrorists. I imagine for some, me included, 50 years from now we will be remembering 9/11/01 as if it were yesterday.

You've not lost your dad, Lee Ann, you've gained a Guardian Angel. I'm sure he's so very proud of you in so many ways.

Hugs, Girlfriend,
Wendy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/12/2006 2:03 PM) : 

As my then 3 year old put it when I had to explain what was going on after that tragedy, 'God needed Angels'.
He now has another one with him, your Father.
My thoughts and prayers are with you sweet friend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/12/2006 3:32 PM) : 

Dixie - my friend, my Sister. I love you more than you can ever know. Your Blog is wonderful...and my prayers are with you and your family! God Bless!
Hugs n Love!

 

post a comment